We Are Looking for Part-time Stock & Sales Associates to Join Our Flock
We have an immediate opening for outgoing, energetic stock and sales associates with great people skills to work 15-25 hours per week. Ultimate responsibility is to work with our sales team to create an unsurpassed customer experience.
Our training program will teach a nature lover the bird, hobby and product knowledge needed to work with our great customers. We offer a great work environment, competitive wages and a store discount for our staff.
Wild Birds Unlimited® is the first and largest franchise system of retailing stores catering to the backyard nature enthusiast throughout North America. "We Bring People and Nature Together" is our mission and the very heart of our retail concept. From the day we opened the door of our first Wild Birds Unlimited store in 1981, our goal was to provide quality products, service, expertise and a pleasant shopping experience. You too could work at a Wild Birds Unlimited store and help customers bring nature into their own backyard and lives!
The difference between what we offer and what other retailers offer goes far beyond what we sell. It's who we are. Wild Birds Unlimited Sales Associates give our stores a competitive advantage that cannot be surpassed. Enthusiasm, professionalism, informed advice and superior customer service combine to help you in your role as a Sales Associate who can make a difference. Come join our team!
- Prior retail experience is preferred, but not required.
- Birdfeeding experience is not required, but is a plus.
Interest in nature and wildlife is a requirement.
- You must have the ability to work in a fast-paced setting and spend extended periods of time on your feet.
- You must be comfortable with computers and be able to use a computer-based POS system.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, advising customers on product purchases, carrying bags of birdseed and product to customer's vehicles, receiving and pricing merchandise, restocking the sales floor and various cleaning duties.
- Our service standards require the ability to carry 40-50 lbs up a flight of stairs.
- As a retail store, we are open 6 days a week and all associates will be asked to work weekdays and Saturdays, as well as some holidays. We are closed on Sunday.
- Holidays are busy for our store, and Sales Associates may be required to work on certain holidays, including Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
Click here to download an Employment Application
(To open the file, you must have Adobe Reader installed. Click here to download Adobe Reader.)
All employment applications must be presented in person at the store. No e-mails, please.